"Where creating raving fans happens"
1. Nickoli is absolutely shredding 7th grade teams up here and he is a 6th grader. He has over 20 points a game with steals and assists and the coaches are even thinking about bringing him up to 8th grade. He is teaching teammates and being the leader you helped shape him to be. We are so grateful....thank you so much.
Brandon & Marcy Cody
2. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me. You have shaped me into the player I am today. I wouldn't be where I am today without you.
Noah Rasmussen (8th grader)
3. Having come from a very competitive basketball family, I see the need for the proper training and development to get kids to the next level. So when it came time with my boys to choose a program, and specifically a coach, I looked at several Clubs in the Valley. Ultimately we chose Coach Jose Morales and the Arizona All-Stars. After seeing the system he runs, and the sincere interest he takes in developing his players to be the best that they can be, I was convinced. He’s helped enormously in shaping my son into a great player now, but also with an eye for the future. The additional one-on-one coaching with shooting coach, Marco Morales has also been miraculous! He’s truly responsible for my sons great strides in shooting proficiency. If you’re looking for a program that is truly dedicated to your players success, AZ All-Stars led by Jose and Marco Morales is exactly what you’re looking for.
Dan & Jen Jolley
4. You are a fabulous man and leader— and more important you embody what a coach really is— a skill master combined with teacher and cheerleader ! Thanks for this journey!
5. We have been with Jose for so many years and have benefited so much from his training and phenomenal academy. Noah would never be the player he is today without Jose's guidance.
Eric & Kerry Rasmussen
1. "Thank you for trusting on our Ethan. We have always believed in your way. Even my parents were so amazed on how you handle our kids and how the team plays".
2. "Coach!!! Omg Amoni did amazing. He made the first cut yesterday and today he made the team. Out of 60 kids that tried out only 12 slots were open. He was awesome. There were amazing kids at the tryouts. It's crazy and he was smoking them!! Beautiful shots, clean passes and smart plays! I'm so thankful and grateful for sending him to your All-Stars Basketball Academy. You have been an amazing coach and he will definitely fly in from Indiana to spend the summers with your program. Out of any program he's been in, yours is the best player development basketball academy that Arizona has to offer!!"
3. "Coach- We just finished a school 8th grade game where I scored 19 points. I hit five 3's and two 2's. I actually hit Six 3's but my coach called timeout as I was shooting otherwise I would have had 22 points. Thank you for helping me make this happen."
Bryce Welker - 8th grader
1. "Coach. Just wanted to let you know how happy I am that Joshua joined your team. As a former basketball player, I can tell you are the best coach for Joshua because of the way you teach the fundamentals of the game. I also like how you are able to provide constructive criticism, as well as positive feedback when the situation warrants. This characteristic will allow the kids to have a significant level of respect for you. Thanks again for inviting us to join the team!"
1. "My son decided he wanted to play basketball. He played for a period of time on teams which had short seasons with some good and some bad coaches. He loved it but wanted to be better. It was obvious it was very hit and miss with the quality of coaching and training. Since he had a strong desire we decided to try some serious basketball, a club team. We looked at a couple clubs and found the All Stars. We chose the All Stars due to Coach Morales positive teaching attitude, knowledge of the game and vast experience teaching kids. It takes many components to achieve success in a high skills game like basketball. Coach Morales provides mentoring, positive re-enforcement and experience. Due in large part to this my son made his 7th grade school basketball team, what a thrill that was for him. I am looking forward to seeing further development with many progressively higher levels of achievement in the future. I recommend the All Stars team and Coach Morales for anyone interested in developing their basketball skills."
2. "I first learned of the Arizona All-Stars program while my son Bryce was playing in the Jr. Suns and I-9 basketball semi-competitive/recreational basketball programs. After one of the games, I overheard a couple parents discussing the “intense basketball training” their son started to ”try and make his Jr. High basketball team next year”. A year away and they are already concerned? My son was 11 years old, just started 6th grade, and because he played league basketball every season for multiple years (and was really good), I honestly never gave much consideration that he wouldn’t make his 7th grade team. I asked the parents for some information, did a little research, and contacted Coach Morales. After a brief conversation with Jose, I decided to have my son participate in one of his 1.5 hour workouts. My son attended, and it was immediately apparent to both my wife and I that there is a HUGE difference in the skill-level and commitment that the entire group had over what we had seen in non-club programs. We enrolled him immediately with the goal in mind to improve his skills and to give him the best chance to make his 7th grade team, in which he had talked about this for the last few years.
After only a few months my son started to show great improvement in his shooting, ball handling, and defense. Over a short period of time my son worked his way onto the All-Stars Red club team as a shooting guard, where he was been playing for the last year. Fast-forward one year from when Bryce joined the All-Star team and the overall improvement my son has made is amazing. Coach Morales’ philosophy and practice preparation separate him from most club programs. The emphasis he places on “defense” and “distributing the ball” make the All-Star program unique as players improve in every phase of the game. Coach Morales is tough, but fair. He stresses fundamentals and learning how to play the game the “right way”. The All-Star program doesn’t recruit, cheat, or tolerate players being disrespectful on the court, which sadly I have seen over the last year in other programs.
Coach Morales is extremely passionate about helping kids reach their highest potential. Although he is super competitive and loves to WIN, for him it’s about the developmental journey, not just about winning. Jose truly focuses on the fundamentals of the game and getting the players better today than they were yesterday. My son also has participated in all of the shooting camps and ball handling camps over school breaks as well. He loves going to practice and enjoys the teaching environment the program offers.
I proudly give Coach Morales and the Arizona All-Stars my highest recommend
Note: A couple weeks ago my son tried out for his basketball team and there were 41 students that tried out. I have heard from other club parents that depending on schools this number can be anywhere from 30-115 students that try out. Undoubtedly, the All-Stars program gave Bryce an edge on standing out during the tryouts. After a full week of tryouts, my son was one of the 11 kids selected and he met his goal of making his 7th grade team. We are thankful we found the All-Stars program when we did, otherwise it’s unknown (but doubtful) my son would have made the team. Basketball tryouts have continued for the last couple weeks for other players in the club and it appears roughly 90% of the All-Star players made their 7th or 8th grade team this year."
3. "We really appreciate your coaching and how you helped develop Kurt's basketball game. Although you probably don't remember this, we still talk about the day you introduced the "spin" while driving to the hoop. Kurt could not get it right in that first practice (although you stayed very positive working with him). He spent the next couple hours at home in the dark until he got comfortable doing that move! A couple weeks ago he scored 20 points in the 2nd half of a game and hit four driving layups with that move! They were down 21 at the half and came back to win the game (I think Kurt had 27pts in the game). He was voted captain of the freshman team last night, and it looks like he may get to play some on JV as well. Thanks for the effort you put in to help him get to beginning of what will hopefully be a nice high school career!"
1. "I would like to take a moment and comment on the All-Stars Basketball Program with Junior Hoops. Coach Jose Morales has conducted some wonderful fundamental training with my son. We are very pleased with his coaching style because he really cares about the individual player and has exacting standards in teaching him. The drills during practice are unique and help to establish good handles (even I am learning the lingo). He is patient and understanding and will bring out the best both in athletics and sportsmanship. I look forward to sticking with his program because he has really brought out the best in my son. Thanks Coach!"
Lee & Jodi Paulus
2. "I wanted to thank you for your support, preparation and encouragement in Hunter participating in the Next Level Top 100 Showcase on Sunday. He was very nervous to attend but after the first game he realized that as a result of his private and team training as well as scrimmaging with the older team, he was more than prepared to play at that level. Once his nerves went down and confidence regained, he played very well contributing 15 points and solid defense during the second game. A couple of parents commented on his solid play. He was particularly encouraged when one of them bumped into us as we were leaving and told him that he played like a freshman or sophomore. On the drive home he said he was looking forward to the next showcase. Thanks again for your hours of training and support. "
3. "I deeply believed that the teacher and coach who has the ability to properly plan... from both the daily and the long-range point of view together with the ability to devise the necessary drills to meet his particular needs for maximum efficiency, has tremendously increased his possibility of success."
"Simply put...The above quote from the legendary Coach Wooden is what Coach Morales is all about among other credible coaching styles. I’m a Five Star, Five Diamond Chef who looks for perfection in all that I do in the culinary world and was searching for a coach who had the same intensity scented with the leadership & coaching DNA that would meld with my growing 6’0 tall12 year old son.
Coach Morales has been working with my son for over a year now and has applied his vision and coaching style that for us simply works. He is intense when needing to be but not overly to the point of losing the players & parents respect. He has worked Brandon into becoming a threat from anywhere inside or outside the paint and has increased his confidence ten fold. 99.9% of the coaches wanted Brandon to be just another tall kid playing center. Not Coach Morales. Coach Morales knows what other coaches think and what they are looking for from Junior High to the College level so he works tirelessly preparing the youth players to dominate on any level and at any position and prepares them individually for their future. This structure was huge for us and will pay dividends in the future.
Coach recognizes that Brandon could be the smallest on a team as he grows older. We know the competition levels aren’t slowing down in fact only getting stronger so the training and drills are based equally on strength training as well as the following; ball handling, shooting, passing, basketball IQ, defense, team strategy, working as a team and really being a part of a highly competitive family that strives to balance winning and youth development.
Brandon just played against a player who dominated him 2 years ago and was all the talk on how good he was back then and now. Well, Brandon shut him down and owned him while his Jr. High school team took the W. Thanks coach Morales!"
4. "I cannot thank you enough for the positive impact you have had on my son Ethan. Since joining the All-Stars club team, I have witnessed Ethan's confidence grow dramatically from when he first started with the program. I believe this is attributable to the encouragement you provide on the court and your guidence in the development of his fundamental skills during the Academy training sessions! Ethan's participation in the Boot Camp and the 3-Point Top Gun Shooting Challenge were wonderful experiences for him as well. Both challenges have significantly helped his shooting consistency and accuracy. I am extremely pleased with his progression and even more impressed by the continual dedication and hard work that you stress to each player. If the goal of becoming a "complete" basketball player is developing a passion, solid skill sets and a true understanding of the game, then All-Stars has delivered! It is a program I would recommend to any parent. "
1. "Coach Morales, with all the training that you provided, Nate has been showing much more improvement on his overall skills, specially his 3 point shooting. It is the testament of your training and teaching. In addition, we just got word yesterday that Nate also has been selected to represent his Jr High to upcoming Monday's AZ CAA All Star Game at US Airway. We greatly appreciate your training."
2. "Coach Morales has been instrumental in our son's basketball skill develpment over the last several years. He is so passionate about the process of helping our son, and all the boys, reach their full potential. His highly effective training techniques with shooting mechanics, foot-speed, 1 on 1 moves, agility, and ball-handling have given our son an edge and turned him into a fierce competitor and athlete. We as parents are always thankful for his individual attention and support, neverending love of the game and care for our son."
Kerry and Eric Rasmussen
3. "My son has been working with coach Morales for over 7 months. After the disappointment of not making his 7th grade Junior High team, both my son and I decided we needed to get serious about basketball and training to improve his game. That is when we decided to join the Arizona All Stars. When entering the program coach Morales recognized his strengths and weaknesses right away and immediately pushed my son to improve and push his body and mind to levels he didn’t realize he had. Fast forward to today and my son is now on the 8th grade Junior High team which is a good start but not the end goal which was made very clear by Coach Morales. He is now one of the better outside shooters on his Junior High and Club team and looked at by other coaches during the game as a shooter they need to key on. Looking forward to good things moving forward. Thank you coach for your belief in the kids in your program and your dedication to improve each and every one of them."
4. "My son Sam has always liked sports. He has been on a lot of sports teams, but never really standing out. Last year in 7th grade he had a very disappointing basketball year where he played a couple minutes a game. We decided in March to join Coach Morales' training program. Coach Morales stresses the fundamentals of basketball and it has paid off. In 8th grade Sam was the starting point guard for his team and played most of the minutes each game. He received many compliments on how much he had improved and was even voted MVP of the team. Sam has recognized the improvement too and is even more determined to be the best he can be. Thanks Coach Morales for giving Sam the training to succeed and we are looking forward to high school."
1. "Thank you, Coach Morales. I wouldn't have trusted anyone else with Devon. You have proven with your dedication and commitment to your program that he is in the best hands possible. I can't imagine putting my trust in another coach. Thank you for trusting in him and developing him into the athlete he is today and will be in the future."
2. "Tom and I will always be grateful for opportunity that you had given to our son. Your program helped Keaton develop his fundamentals and it helped him develop his shooting technique. Early on, I remember you telling the boys that if they wanted to succeed and climb to the next level how important it was for them to be disciplined. This game is not easy, and is highly competitive and the work ethics that you were able to instill in Keaton, along with his determination and hard work is now paying off for him and is "key" as to why he's able to compete at a higher level. I can still hear you say..... "you've got to be disciplined, and get your shots in everyday because missing just one day of shooting will set you back several days if not, weeks". We wish you and your program all the success and we will always be thankful to you for believing in our son and helping him develop his skills."
Sandy & Tom Ranger
3. "We are so excited for this upcoming year. Thanks for all you have done for him as you have certainly been instrumental in his basketball development to say the least. In his last two games of the season, he had five 3's in each game. It was pretty awesome."
4. "My son Michael’s development since joining the Arizona All-Stars program has been astonishing. After just a few months with the team, Michael survived four days of tryouts and two rounds of cuts to make his junior high varsity team; last year, he was among the first cut from the junior varsity. I give Coach Morales much of that credit as Michael’s training fully prepared him to stand out among the dozens of kids going out for the team. Now, Michael’s eyes are open to possibilities he would never have considered before. Coach Morales’ training emphasizes fundamentals, repetition and playing with extreme confidence. He is tough on his players because he cares about each and every one of them, and he knows what these kids are capable of if they believe in themselves."
5. "My son Trevin has been playing center since he was 5 years old because he was always the tallest kid on his teams. Now as a H.S. Sophomore and only 6'5", he most likely won't be a center much longer. Coach Morales is the only coach that has ever taken the time to work with Trevin and allow him to develop the skills he will need to move into another position. Trevin now has the confidence to take a defensive rebound and quickly dribble the ball up the court instead of just passing it to the guard every time he got the rebound like all of his other coaches "coached" him to do. He also has developed his outside shooting ability instead of just being a post player on offense. Coach Morales is able to look beyond this week's game and really work hard to develop each individual player. For this we are extremely grateful as Coach Morales has really helped Trevin to become a much more well rounded basketball player. He just made his High School basketball team & is looking forward to having an "All-Star" season this year."
1. "The path to go from Freshman to Varsity lies with both the All Stars Basketball Club & Academy programs. The Shipp family would like to thank coach Morales and the All Stars for the comprehensive combination of practices, drills, tournaments and showcases, all which resulted in our son Jordan making the Prescott varsity basketball team as a Sophomore. The attention to details and openness to work with kids that have the talent but need the cognitive training to make them reach their potential was the key to our personal success. 1000 shots a day really does pay off. The All Star drills combined with the high school coaching created a winning situation. Again Thanks."
Lisa and Jim Shipp
2. "When my 13 year old son Austin started working out and training with the Arizona All-Stars Basketball Academy, he was a bit unsure of what to expect, but after the first session he knew this would definitely improve his game. Coach Morales told him the good players practice only when they have to, the great players practice all the time. Austin just finished 3 months of playing with the all stars and being only 13 and playing and training with 15 and 16 yr olds his game and confidence has greatly improved. Thanks to Coach Morales and endless hours of shooting drills, Austin had 6 3-pointers in one of his recent club team games. Coach Morales brings such a positive attitude and wants everyone to improve and succeed on the basketball court. Austin begins his 8th grade season now and because of the training he has received from the All-Stars Academy and Coach Morales, I know the basketball season will be a good one for him and hopefully carry on into his high school years which begin next year. Thanks to Coach Morales and the Arizona All-Stars Basketball Academy, basketball never stops."
3. “Champions do not become champions on the court. They merely become recognized on the court. They become champions because of their daily routine and daily commitment to excellence. Players do not decide their future; they decide their habits and their habits decide their future!
I can’t thank-you enough for instilling this principle in Hunter. You have helped him to understand the importance of daily practice. You have helped Hunter become a stronger, quicker, and successful shooter.
Everyday from Aug.-Nov. during lunch at school the boys trying out for the high school team had to shoot 50 free throws a day, and the coach would record their score. Consistently, Hunter would make 47-48/50 shots per day. Coaches were impressed with this. I even asked Hunter how he was doing this so regularly- He said, 'Coach Morales.'
During try-outs this week the boys were asked to shoot at the elbow 20 times. Hunter stepped back and chose to shoot behind the 3-point line. He successfully made 17/20 3pters. Again, I asked him how did he do this. His response was, 'Coach Morales.'
Thank-you again for everything."
4. "Coach Morales stresses ball handling and shooting skills and he gives kids the green light to shoot the ball. This was Blake's first year with the All-Stars. I saw his confidence grow in his shooting and ball handling as the season progressed. This helped him greatly in making his varsity team. The All-Stars has great team chemistry and is made up of kids who love the game of basketball and want to work daily to improve their skills. I would highly recommend this club if you are serious about improving your game."
5. "When my son, Kameron Casey, finished his high school Freshman year of basketball, I wanted to place him in a program that would accelerate his skills development in time for his following high school year basketball season. From February through October, he trained with Coach Morales at the All-Stars Basketball Academy and played on the Arizona All-Stars Club Team.
Throughout this period, Kameron has improved his free-throw shooting to a 90%+ level and has dramatically increased his ability to hit the 3-point shot. Standing at 6'5" and growing, having the ability to hit from the outside both from mid-range and beyond the arc is a skill that will serve him greatly. In addition, his post-play and rebounding has improved to where he is putting up numbers that are stellar in results. For example, during the last tournament of the season, Kameron averaged 15 points, 15 rebounds 3 blocks per game. At the end of the club season, Coach Morales and the All-Stars Basketball Academy & Club team had a tremendous impact on his improvement as a basketball player.
Kameron is now not only an improved basketball player, but is also an impact player that is putting up numbers that are incredible compared to his numbers a year ago. I am looking forward to a great high school season for Kameron. I recommend Coach Morales and his Academy and Club program to anyone that is serious about going from good to great at the game of basketball."